Add your email & join Nothing But Nets in the fight against malaria.
America is buzzing!
Submitted by Adrianna Logalbo on June 3, 2010
Since the Buzz Tour began in March, we’ve eaten barbeque in Kansas City, hung out with the Buckeyes in Ohio, chilled with our Champion Diego Gutierrez in Chicago, and watched soccer in Salt Lake. Along the way, we’ve met thousands of awesome Nothing But Nets™ supporters like yourself, and Mozzie has made lots of friends, too!
Take a look at some of our favorite moments on the Buzz Tour so far:
- Illinois Governor Pat Quinn declared it Nothing But Nets™ Week while we were in Chicago
- In Boston, we met with teacher Pat Mahoney’s 7th-grade class, who raised more than $18,000 to send nets and save lives!
- Our team member Danielle met a cab driver in New York who shared a moving story of why he had to leave Ghana because he was always sick with malaria
- Thousands of people participated in the Sleep Out to End Malaria on World Malaria Day Eve
- In Washington, DC, DC United soccer fans donated the money they would have spent on food and drink at the game on Cinco de Mayo to send nets
- In Seattle, Sounders FC fans can buy a $30 Drew Carey bobblehead and the proceeds will go to Nothing But Nets™ through June 10!
Be sure to check out our photo gallery to see if you were captured on camera with our team in your town!
The Buzz Tour isn’t over yet. We’re just a few days away from the World Cup starting on June 11 in South Africa, and we’ll continue to drive towards it through the summer! And this Saturday, 140 Los Angeles middle schoolers will participate in a malaria workshop with UN Foundation Chairman and Founder Ted Turner! Here’s where we’ll be next: Los Angeles, Seattle, Denver, and finally, Houston. Check out NothingButNets.net/BuzzTour for the full schedule.