We're bringing the buzz to the Bay!
Submitted by Adrianna Logalbo on September 9, 2009
It’s time to kick off the 17th stop on our U.S. City Tour – and this time we’re headed to the Bay Area to spread the buzz!
Starting on September 13, we’ll be meeting our local supporters (that’s you!) and partners, and hosting some great events for everyone to get involved in. Check out the lineup below. We hope you will come out and see us!
- Nothing But Nets Rally: We invite you to come out and sign a large Message of Hope that will travel with us on our next net distribution trip to Africa! If more than 200 people sign the Message of Hope, a generous donor will send 1,000 nets to refugees in Africa. Help us unlock the funds for nets! We’ll also proclaim it Nothing But Nets Week in San Francisco with partners and local supporters.
When: Wednesday, Sept. 16, 5:00-5:30pm
Where: Justin Herman Plaza, 1 Market Street, Embarcadero, San Francisco, CA 94101
- Partner & Supporter Reception: After the rally, celebrate your achievements in malaria prevention by having some appetizers and drinks with Nothing But Nets partners and supporters.
When: Wednesday, Sept. 16, 5:45 -7:30pm
Where: Sinbad’s Pier 2 Restaurant, Pier 2, San Francisco, CA 94111
Please RSVP for the reception at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nothing But Nets Night with the San Jose Earthquakes: At a soccer match against the Colorado Rapids, Major League Soccer’s Earthquakes will highlight Nothing But Nets with a half-time contest, and we’ll have a table on the concourse where you can join the fight against malaria. Buy your ticket here!
When: Friday, Sept. 18, 8pm
Where: Buck Shaw Stadium, 500 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95050
- Family Day Kite Festival: Come see colorful kites under blue skies, hang out with Nothing But Nets and Mozzie the Mosquito at our tent, and win some giveaways! Learn more about the festival here.
When: Saturday, Sept. 19, 11am-6pm
Where: Marina Green, San Francisco
- Nothing But Nets joins Futbolito: The Earthquakes are hosting 7 v 7 soccer tournaments for area residents and we’ll be having a competition where you can win prizes for scoring a goal on Mozzie the Mosquito! You’ll also be able to check out our bed net display, and there will be give-aways and activities for the kids.
When: Saturday, Sept. 19, 9am-3pm
Where: Independence High School, 1776 Educational Park Drive, San Jose, CA 95133
Tell all of your NET-works about these fun events, and bring along friends and family so they can help send nets and save lives, too! And then check out Facebook and Twitter for more updates along the way!