Boy Scouts of America
Serving nearly 4.1 million youth between the ages of 7 and 20, with more than 300 councils throughout the United States and its territories, the BSA is the nation's foremost youth program of character development and values-based leadership training. The Scouting movement is composed of 1.2 million volunteers, whose dedication of time and resources has enabled the BSA to remain the nation's leading youth-service organization. For more information on the BSA, please visit www.scouting.org.
In 2012, service projects conducted by more than 2.7 million youth members and more than 1 million volunteers.
Boy Scouts of America was a founding partner of Nothing But Nets in 2007. Since then, thousands of individual scouts and troops have joined in the fight against malaria, including Nate Stafford who hiked 100 miles to raise funds to send nets and save lives.
Through this partnership with Nothing But Nets, Scouts help build awareness about malaria and prevention by conducting service projects such as removing standing water in parks—a breeding ground for mosquitoes—and creating educational tools and activities that illustrate the impact of malaria on the global community. Read more about the partnership launch here.
Download the Boy Scouts of America Nothing But Nets Toolkit here!
- Deliver the Net Game
- Become a Facebook Fan or follow us on Twitter
- Add a web badge or banner to your blog, website or social networking page
- Download photos for your activities and materials
- Use the Nothing But Nets™ toolkit for ideas to spread awareness
- See a bed net's journey from a donation to distribution
- Share your story with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read examples of other youth Champions:
- Watch a 30 second video that we created with VH1
To learn more about Boy Scouts of America, visit http://www.scouting.orgSee All Partners