It’s time for another Nothing But Nets City Tour – our 16th – and we’re not traveling far from home this time. From June 13-23, we’ll be hosting events in our nation’s capital – Washington, DC. With World Refugee Day on June 20, we’ll be joining all of our DC partners and local supporters, including the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), to help fulfill the need for hundreds of thousands of bed nets for refugees in Africa. The week is filled with lots of fun stuff for you to participate in, so we hope to see you at one or more of these events! Check out the lineup below and RSVP to our events on the Nothing But Nets Facebook fan page, too!
- Nothing But Nets Night with D.C. United: Come out to watch a soccer game against the Chicago Fire, and stop by our table on the concourse! You can purchase tickets on the D.C. United website. 7:30pm, Saturday, June 13; RFK Stadium
- Nothing But Nets Kick-off Rally: We are gathering with all of our local partners, including mascots for the local sports teams at the US Navy Memorial where Councilman Jack Evans will be proclaiming it Nothing But Nets Week in DC. Partners include DC First Lady Mrs. Michelle Fenty, The United Methodist Church, D.C. United, NBA Wizards, WNBA Mystics, Union for Reform Judaism, Washington Bayhawks, Washington Kastles, UNHCR, and more! At the event, we will recognize all of our local supporters, so come on out. RSVP to email@example.com. 11:30am-12:30pm, Tuesday, June 16; U.S. Navy Memorial; 701 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
- Young Professionals Happy Hour: DC resident Katherine Kennedy of the upcoming reality show “Blonde Charity Mafia” is hosting a fundraiser at Skye Lounge. Come for some drinks, networking, and a raffle! (Note: There is a $10 cover charge that will go directly to the purchase of nets and you must be 21 years old) 6:30pm, Thursday, June 18; Skye Lounge; 1919 Pennsylvania Ave.
- Technology & Philanthropy Happy Hour: Local partner Berico Technologies is hosting a networking fundraiser in Clarendon, VA. Come join us for a panel discussion and happy hour to support Nothing But Nets and open the discourse of how to leverage social networking tools to get out and be heard. 5:00pm, Friday, June 19; Clarendon Ballroom, 3185 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, VA
- Nothing But Nets Night with the Washington Bayhawks: Come to a lacrosse game and visit our table! You can purchase tickets on the Bayhawks website. 7:00pm, Friday, June 19, Navy-Marine Stadium; Annapolis, MD
- Nothing But Nets Night with the Washington Mystics: Join us at a WNBA game against the Chicago Sky! You can purchase tickets on the Mystics website. 7:00pm, Saturday, June 20; Verizon Center
We’ll also be at the following locations – so look for the orange Buzzkill shirts!
- Eastern Market (Sunday, June 14)
- Net display in Dupont Circle (Monday, June 15); McKeldin Square, Baltimore (Wednesday, June 17); and the National Mall at the Capitol Reflecting Pool (Friday, June 19).
- Alexandria Waterfront Festival (Saturday, June 20)
Throughout the week, we’ll also be participating in events with our faith partners, local donors and UNHCR. We want to thank all of our partners and supporters – that means YOU – for helping Nothing But Nets and the UN Foundation to send nets and save lives! See you around the city!